Thursday, January 8, 2009

My great Indian blog..

Why does one write? Does it satisfy the need to get your thoughts out of your head (kind of like a Pensieve) so that you can think clearly or merely unburden your mind and memory? For some it may be deeper.... For me, alongwith the need to just talk (read - vent) this also satisfies the writer within. I know it sounds kind of ridiculous that people fancy themselves writers when they have never gotten even a poem of their's published by a proper publisher much less their school magazine (in any year)! So the ones who have gotten something published might feel more entitled to blog as they are ""more writers" than the others. And, also please note that I am not even going into an explanation of which bunch I fall into :)

But still I must admit that it fulfills some deep seated desire within me to be a writer (I want to say "the great, undiscovered" writer :D). Atleast nobody can reject the trash/greatness that my writing is. A few of you are even subjected to reading it. I dont get paid for this (no struggling writer ever does, mind you)... but I still love doing it... I love pouring my heart and soul into this.

I must confess that I wondered "what is it that one blogs about"?.... before I found the courage (yes - COURAGE) to start this blog! It seemed too simple to think that one will blog about one's life. Kind of like a memoir, a time-tracker, an event and emotion tracker.. but is it really that simple??? I have always dreamt of being a genuine writer, a serious one, a writer who will one day spew out 300 pages of a best seller. A best seller that will capture this writer's life and experiences. Maybe a best seller that is a selection of short stories that reflect Kerala or maybe just my life and the lives of people I know. And believe me, I have tried .. ha ha :D It was a joke... cos I just stopped half way. I just didnt have the patience to document the characters of my GREAT INDIAN DREAM! Well, woe be me and all's well with the world cos I have still not Found What It Takes to write that damned novel... in the meanwhile, I continue to salvage my cravings by penning this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment