Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Life is old there...

I was driving down the windy path, winding on and on
Around a dark, rocky mountain, or was it a hill?
And I was humming out loud, an old John Denver song,
Ironic I thought, down a rocky mountain road with Denver.

And I was cruising.
I could hear the sounds of my system.
I could hear the chaos.
My system was crashing.

I was burnt and wasted.
I heard the voices of the whirlwind.
I needed a change.
Really fast. Maybe a hurricane.

I wanted to replace that darkness,
As I dreamed dreams on the edge of the road.
And violent days flashed past my mind,
And I said to myself, even fools stay sane.

Then there was rain, and
the madness was washed away.
That's just where you begin again, because
If you don't, then there is no chance.

So help me out of the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment